Romance writer Michelle Hazen walks us through both of the paths to publishing to shed some light on which one might be right for you.
* the three factors to consider when weighing your options
* the pros and cons of both traditional and self-publishing
* what people who decide to self-publish need to know, including an overview and some pro-tips!
* what you should expect to pay for when self-publishing
* a discussion about marketing, including what’s “good” marketing and what’s “bad” marketing
* marketing “math!”
Michelle Hazen is a nomad with a writing problem. Years ago, she and her husband ducked out of the 9 to 5 world and moved into their truck. She found her voice with the support of the online fanfiction community, and once she started typing, she never looked back.
She has written most of her books in odd places, including a bus in Thailand, an off-the-grid cabin in the Sawtooth Mountains, a golf cart in a sandstorm, a rental car during a heat wave in the Mohave Desert and a beach in Honduras. Even when she’s climbing rocks, riding horses, or getting lost someplace wild and beautiful, there are stories spooling out inside her head, until she finally heeds their call and returns to her laptop and solar panels.
Michelle is a KindleWorld’s best-seller author, writing in the Vampire Diaries-world. She has self published several romance books and is now traditionally published with Penguin Random House.