EPISODE 11: Rebounding from Rejection You’ve put yourself out there. You’re on the traditional publishing path, and, to the best of your knowledge and skill, you’ve done everything right. But then the rejections keep coming. And coming. And even though you expected them, it still bums you out. When will it be your time to shine? And how do you deal with the rejection until that time comes? Join me for the bonus eleventh episode of “From Start to Finish: 10 Stages of Writing a Novel”.
- Learn how to analyze your rejections
- Learn how to focus so you don’t feel overwhelmed.
- Learn how to manage your expectations.
You will benefit from:
- A discussion of my own rejections (and plenty of them!!) as well as what I’ve learned from the writers I work with as a book coach.
- Focused writing exercises
- Encouragement and advice to make it through this stage
This class is for
- Writers querying to traditional literary agents
- Writers at any stage—what revision strategies work best for you?
Jen Braaksma is a writer, book coach and high school English teacher who has been through the writing wringer—and lived to tell the tale. Her first young adult fantasy novel will be published in 2022 (though it’s her fourth manuscript, so for all you not-yet-published writers out there, keep the faith!) She’s hard at work on a new adult fantasy novel, The Fairy Tale Fringe Festival. Be the first to hear all about it in Jen’s webinar episodes!